Tastebuds: Look no further than Burgerville for lunch

By Marc Duhamel, Reporter

Have you ever been looking for somewhere to get some good food but you couldn’t find the perfect place? Look no further, there has been a place right under your nose: Burgerville.

The franchise has been around for 52 years. Our local Burgerville on 26th and Powell has been cooking up burgers for 20 years and they support the school. If you take a peek inside their front door, there is a case with a couple trophies and the Cleveland senior class picture. They also help support us by holding special Burgerville fundraiser nights that help raise money for Cleveland. Our own students help coordinate these events.

Burgerville is full of fantastic items like their chocolate milkshakes or their natural, savory golden fries. When you eat their delectable, soft, delicious fries, you will be wanting more. But if you’re not into fries, don’t worry. They have many different things that can fit your taste, like their highest selling item, the Tillamook cheeseburger. It has mayonnaise, ketchup, pickles, lettuce, tomato, and Tillamook cheddar on a sesame seed bun. That burger looks appetizing and is very popular. It has quarter pound of natural beef without hormones and antibiotics. You can get a good meal for lunch like a Tillamook cheeseburger for $4.09, medium fries for $1.95 and a medium drink for $1.75.

Burgerville’s menu also has seasonal side items. They just changed from their delicious waffle fries to their rosemary fries. They also get their salt from Jacobsen Salt Co., a Portland company. They get their milk from Sunshine Dairy and their bread from Franz Bakery which are both local. You should check it out sometime and try their Tillamook cheese burger.

Fun fact: 72 percent of Burgerville’s ingredients come only nine miles from Vancouver, Washington.