Media of the Week: Dec. 9 – 16

Clarion photo Stereogum

Allie Gersh and Julia Vogel, Arts and Life Editors

Intro:
Navigating through media – the old and the new – can get overwhelming. To make it easier, we have curated a list that will be updated weekly. This will allow you to read reviews so you can decide what is worth your time, hear about exciting upcoming releases, and get personal recommendations from your Arts and Lifestyle editors (us), students, and staff at Cleveland.

Reviews:
→New Music Releases:
“Sh**in’ Me” (A$AP Rocky): This single, released Dec. 2, is definitely very repetitive, but overall is a good song. I personally wouldn’t listen to it by choice, but it isn’t bad, and being by A$AP Rocky gives it some extra points for sure…Rate 5/10
“Worst Is On Its Way” (Korn and Danny Brown) (HEALTH Remix): I genuinely love Korn but this song is awful. I could barely sit through the whole thing and was on the verge of tears the whole song because it is horrible. Wish I could rate this higher because Korn is so hype, but I also wish I never listened to this song…Rate 2/10 (cool beat?)
“Bawskee 5” (Comethazine): Comethazine’s seventh album is obviously super good. My personal favorites from it are “Grab1 Get1 Pick1.” My only complaint is that all of the songs sounded really similar, but overall…Rate 7/10
“Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd” (Lana del Rey): This is the title track from Lana del Rey’s upcoming album, set for release this March. I’m not a huge Lana fan, but I appreciated this song for its pretty melody and interesting songwriting. Rate 6/10

Upcoming:
→ Music:
SOS – new SZA album 12/9
→ Concerts:
Bad Bunny at Dante’s 12/31
Suki Waterhouse at Wonder Ballroom 1/14
JID and Smino at the Roseland Theater 1/26
Rhododendron

Recommendations:

→ Music:
“On Your Own Love Again” by Jessica Pratt (genre: folk)
“Self Titled” by Lagrimas (genre: melodic crust)
“Lake Tear of the Clouds” by Corenlia Murr (genre: dream pop/alternative pop)
“NOT TiGHT” by DOMi and JD BECK (genre: prog jazz)
“favOriT”e by LOONA (genre: k-pop)
“T H E by tricot” (genre: japanese math rock)

→ Youtube Channels:
Rattus Rattus (fashion and lifestyle)
F.D Signifier (political and pop culture commentary)
bombasticnoa (comedy and pop culture commentary)