Varsity Girls Soccer: Warriors Triumph Over Grant in Senior Night Game

By Mirabella Miller, Reporter

The Warriors (9-1-1, 4-0) clinched a 2-1 win over Grant (3-1-1, 9-1-2) on Oct. 11, 2017, during their Senior Night. The goals came from two senior captains, Julia Downing and Lauryn Ruegg.

This nail-biting win was huge for the team because Grant was their toughest league opponent this year. “Grant always comes to win,” said junior Audrey Olenski. “Their players are talented and know how to play the game.”

The team is ecstatic about the win. “It hasn’t even really sunk in yet,” Olenski added.

“We constantly tell our players to do the little things. Take care of the ball, play for each other and do whatever it takes to play like a Warrior,” Head Coach Emily Ngan said. “We came out ready to protect our home field. A great game to send our seniors off with in style for their last league home game.”

This win has catapulted the team skyward in standings. They are now ranked second in state and first in PIL.

The Warriors take on Roosevelt, currently ranked 47 in state, on Tuesday, Oct. 17.

About the Writer
Mirabella Miller, Editor in Chief

I’m Mirabella Miller, and I am the editor in chief of the commentary section. This is my third year on the Clarion, and I am a currently a senior at...