District Seeks Applicants for School Modernization Committee

Clarion photo Darwin Grenvoss
A rusted radiator inside Cleveland.

Cleveland will be remodeled, and the administration needs student input.
This fall, the Cleveland Comprehensive Planning Committee (CPC) will begin meeting in order to plan for this upcoming renovation. Applications to join the committee were originally planned to close by the end of the third week of September. However, this deadline has been extended until after the Cleveland Back to School night on Sept. 27 in order to allow more people to apply.
The CPC is looking for not only parents, but also students, alumni, and other community members. Previous experience in fields such as construction, building design, civil infrastructure, and general business experience may be useful for applicants, but are not required. If accepted, applicants will be expected to attend meetings monthly for the next five to six months, starting in October. Members of the CPC will not be able to make decisions, but their ideas and feedback will provide a crucial base for the final design.
Community members who do not join the committee will be able to share their ideas and opinions at the Open House and Design Workshops. Once planning has finished, construction will not begin until a future school improvement bond provides funding.
For more information, see the letter and links below.

Help Us Create a Modernized Cleveland High School
Dear Cleveland High School & Cleveland Cluster Families,
The comprehensive planning process for the modernization of historic Cleveland High School is getting underway. PPS is seeking a diverse range of engaged citizens who can positively contribute to the process of creating a next generation high school through the Cleveland Comprehensive Planning Committee (CPC). View the Cleveland CPC flyer here |Español |Tiếng Việt | Русский | Soomaali | 中文
Cleveland Comprehensive Planning Committee Mission The goal of the Cleveland CPC is to develop an equitable and integrated comprehensive plan for a modernized Cleveland High School through authentic community engagement. It will include students, parents, teachers, alumni, administrators, PPS staff, partners, community representatives and a school board member.
The CPC collects and synthesizes community-wide input and collaborates around the evolving project details with other members in the Cleveland community. While CPC members are not tasked with making final decisions, their input is crucial in creating a comprehensive plan that the entire community can be proud of.
Apply to the Cleveland Comprehensive Planning Committee (CPC) To apply please visit the Cleveland Modernization website at https://www.pps.net/ClevelandBond Applications are available in all PPS supported languages. Paper applications will also be available at Cleveland High School and upon request. Interested candidates should plan on meeting about once a month in the evenings for about 5 to 6 months. The CPC application process will remain open until the [27th of September]. The first meeting will take place in early October.
Other Engagement Opportunities If you are unable to join the CPC, you will still have opportunities to make your voice heard at upcoming Design Workshops and Open Houses. Dates will be announced on the website.
Cleveland Modernization Schedule Planning and Design is set to begin in early fall of 2023 with the development of a Cleveland Comprehensive Plan. The Planning and Design phase will continue over the next two years. Funding for the construction of a modernized Cleveland would need to come from a future bond measure.
Get involved and stay informed The Cleveland modernization website will keep you updated on the latest developments and provide a list of upcoming engagement opportunities. You can also join the Cleveland Modernization project mailing list at [email protected]. Thank you for helping us create a modernized Cleveland High School for the 21st century.