New show to be produced by Cleveland Students

By Eva Bryner, Copy Editor

The Cleveland Company of Warriors has put on dozens of fantastic shows, and its newest, “LOL,” is the next in line.

Junior William Balmer and senior Jonah Leidigh have been put in charge of directing and producing the show after initially pitching it to the school’s artistic thespian council last May. “They accepted with a vivaciousness neither of us expected,” said Balmer. “We drew up some sketches of the set with our stage manager (Sarah Buczkowski) and cast the show in June. We’ve been rehearsing since the beginning of summer to prepare as fantastic a show as possible.”

The show itself was written by Robert Frankel, and is centered around computer programmer Dr. Donald Rice, who is faced with mayhem of all sorts on the most important day of his career. As you may have seen in the fall kick-off assembly, pregnancy is among those assorted mishaps, along with car crashes, bad catering, and the other evil efforts of both family and co-worker.

Balmer and Leidigh were drawn to the show because of its apparent relatability and use of physical humor. Balmer elaborated,“Jonah and I are very physical comedians, so it was just a very well fit show to what we had going.” Amongst those helping to make “LOL” happen is stage manager Sarah Buczkowski, and 10 fantastic actors. “There are no unimportant roles … . It’s just a wonderful cast. Everyone works so hard, they’re always just so fun and clever to work with,” Balmer said.

“LOL” is premiering Oct.1, and shows again Oct. 2-3, and Oct. 8 in the Cleveland drama room. Evening shows begin at 7 p.m., and there is a special a matinee on Oct. 3 at 2 p.m. Tickets are $5 for students and seniors, and $8 for general admission. Bring a friend, and backup your files before you come.