Cross Country Boys and Girls season wrap up

Clarion photo Anna Suydam
Varsity boys cross country team at the PIL Districts meet. 794 Logan Puppo (Sophomore) , 1003 Owen Steves (Sophomore) , 780 Josh Huss (Sophomore) , Aidan Mackie (Senior), 776 Toby Finn , 1004 Tucker Swinth (Junior), 770 Sten Brakstad(Junior)

The Boys

The boys cross country team did well this season and ended up placing sixth at the district meet and were led by standout sophomore Logan Puppo. Even though the Cleveland squad did not make it to the state meet, they are looking forward to next season because of how young a good majority of their team is. The top five of the Warriors at the district meet were Sten Braksted, junior; Josh Huss, sophomore; Tucker Swinth, junior; and Owen Steves, sophomore.

The Girls

The girls cross country team ended up getting fourth place at the PIL meet and they were led by junior Iris Stasiuk. Nobody from the girls team made it to the state meet either, but they are hoping to next year, given the PIL is one of the toughest districts in the state. The top five other runners were sophomores Milla Carroll and Kaylee Ho, senior Cate Slatore, and freshman Evelyn Marchand.

What were any challenges on the year?

Who were some individual runners who deserve some recognition and why?

Write a separate story for both the boys and girls but include it in the same document. Each story should be about 300 – 400 words.